In the field of audio and video, several brands compete in order to win the hearts of users. Among these masks is Denon. She has several years of experience in the audio industry, and manufactures various headsets that follow the trend, needs and expectations of customers
The brand’s headphones feature large transducers, offering a unique sound that is both clean and natural. They are generally equipped with advanced technologies such as active anti-noises, aptX, Clear Voice Capture and many more. These technologies play a major part in sound renderings by detailing sounds from an audio file, limiting distortions, and eliminating annoying noises. Denon is also a brand that pays close attention to the designs of its products. As a result, it has several elegant and original models.
Given the qualities of this brand and the helmets it offers, we offer this guide to allow you to expand your knowledge of the Denon brand.
Comparison of the best Denon headphones
Denon, the renowned Japanese brand in electronics and audio technology, offers its AHGC20 model to anyone who loves quality headphones. It is a wireless, supra-ear model. It has an active noise reduction of up to 99%. In addition, Clear Voice Capture, aptX and aptX Low Latency technologies are used to obtain crisp and detailed sounds. The connection it uses is Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Mode. In the meantime, it uses AAC coding. These two elements allow this headset to be fully autonomous and allow to connect to a mobile (smartphone, tablet, …) without problem. For the comfort and aesthetics of the device, the helmet has a foldable design. The brand used lightweight materials when making this model, which has a weight of only 275 g. Its pads have been made with a memory-shaped foam and thus adopts the shape of the ears. This headset comes with an audio cable with settings buttons, an adapter for recharging in an airplane, a USB micro-B cable to charge the battery and allow it to have a battery life of 20 hours in just 3 hours. All this is included in a luxury cover for the storage and transport of helmet equipment.
- Featuring noise-reduction systems including Clear Voice Capture.
- Completely loads after 3 hours.
- Comes with a transport cover, an audio cable, a charging cable and an adapter.
- The transport cover is very luxurious and in the meantime allows you to have all your audio in one bag.
- The battery charges quickly and the battery life is excellent for a multi-hour flight.
- The helmet is quite comfortable. These memory-shaped foam pads play a major part in comforts.
- It has a low range Bluetooth side.
AH-MM200, you’ve probably heard of this headset before. This is the super-aural model of the Denon brand. This model is coloured in black and white and has a ceramic shape and appearance reinforced with fiberglass. These materials make this helmet an aesthetic device. They also contribute to sound quality, reducing resonances. The helmet features oval earbuds, which are also made of fiberglass to make the device light. The total weight of this helmet is 130 g. For sound, the headset uses 30mm transducers, with three-layer diaphragms, combined with magnets. They offer a clear and natural equalization in terms of sounds. In addition to this, the brand has manufactured the two audio cables that accompany this product, in oxygen-free copper (OFC). One of the cables has built-in microphone plus a volume adjustment panel and playlist. This cable also has smartphone control for iOS models. The other cable will be used as a replacement cable, but it does not have a control button.
- Sold with two audio cables.
- With a microphone built into one of the cables.
- Has 30mm transducers.
- It has an elegant design and the materials used are both aesthetic and robust.
- It offers good value for money, because in addition to being affordable, it offers quality sounds and a very active noise reduction.
- The lightness of this model and the softness of its pads makes the helmet very comfortable.
- We’re choking on that helmet. The heat inside is unbearable after a few hours.
Super-ear headphones are among the best-selling helmets at present as they generally have noise-cancelling systems. The Japanese brand Denon has several such ones, such as the AH-GC20 model for example. It’s a wireless model, with Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Mode plus an AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) feature. As a result, the headset will not need a cable because it will be able to capture the files it needs without worry. The noise reduction of this headset can reach a rate of 99%, because it uses technologies like Clear Voice Capture, aptX or aptX Low Latency. The helmet is foldable and is made with spur metal fasteners, a padded bow and soft pads. All of these elements result in a total weight of 275 g. The helmet is therefore very light. It is also easy to carry, as it is sold with a carry case. In addition, it comes with additional accessories such as an adapter, a cable with control panel and a charging cable.
- Featuring three technologies for noise reduction, aptX, aptX Low Latency and Clear Voice Capture.
- Uses a Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Mode wireless connection.
- Casque chargeable.
- There is a good bass and the treble is not too intense. The sound is well balanced.
- The battery charges quickly. In addition, it has excellent autonomy.
- The colour and design are discreet.
- Bluetooth has zero reliability, because when you turn it on, there are always annoying micro cuts.
For those looking for an original helmet, Denon offers one with a wooden design. This is the AH-MM400 model. It is made of American walnut wood. This material contributes to the decrease in resonance. This material, combined with the circum-aurale design, offers good sound quality and quality acoustic rendering. The bindings on the headset also contribute to the sound quality, because because they are made of aluminum, they insulate the resonances. The helmet is foldable and solid. This model uses 40mm transducers, made with carbon/paper and combined with magnets and Denon Free Edge technology. These elements allow this headset to achieve a minimum frequency of 40 KHz. The headset comes in a cover, with bonus plus, an audio cable with control button, an audio cable without a control button (both cables are OFC and are removable) plus a 6.3 mm jack adapter.
- Featuring two OFC audio cables.
- Sold with cover and adapter in addition to two audio cables.
- Uses 40mm transducers in addition to Denon Free Edge technology.
- The wooden design is very aesthetic.
- Despite the look of the helmet which is a bit imposing, the model remains light.
- It’s very robust. It can withstand shocks without a problem.
- When the jack cable breaks down, it is difficult to replace it. Finding a model compatible with this helmet is a fighter’s journey.
Denon is a brand that focuses on the quality and aesthetics of the helmets it offers, since the models that come out of its shop, are all original and stylish. The Denon AH-D1200 is part of the contemporary premium range and is presented with a white and beige color. The helmet uses aluminum fasteners. This allows it to bend without damaging itself. It’s ideal for transport. The material used to make this helmet is the recycled cook which is known to be more durable and reliable than the current leathers. The headset is practical because it has a 3m cable, with three buttons for adjusting the microphone (volume). AH-D1200 is quite special, because its transducers have a dimension of 50 mm for a classic and clean sound. It is meanwhile Hi-Res Audio certified and is able to read high-resolution files. It has a minimum frequency of 40 KHz to play this kind of audio file.
- Equipped with 50 mm transducers.
- Has a minimum audio frequency of 40 KHz.
- The headset is Hi-Res Audio certified for playing HD audio files.
- The helmet is flexible and folds well in its cover when travelling.
- It is comfortable and the leather used is reliable, does not irritate the ears and does not tear easily.
- The soft padding at the pads is very nice.
- The cable entrance looks a bit wide, because sometimes the cable does not work and sometimes it passes.
Denon is a brand that has a collection of high-end headphones. The brand is inspired by customer demands in terms of quality and design to create its models. The AH-D5200 is part of Denon’s helmet. This headset model allows for impeccable sounds, thanks to its 50 mm transducers and thanks to the frequency of its headphones which is between 5-40000 Hz. This helps to limit the distortion at the diaphragm and allows for a detailed sound. The AH-D5200 is also capable of playing HD audio files because it is Hi-Res Audio certified. The helmet is made from zebrano wood. It is also an element that promotes the minimization of distortion at the sound level. This material plays a key role in the design of the helmet, as it offers a very trendy exotic style. This audio device is comfortable, as it is equipped with 3D foam with shape memory. The pads are covered with high quality recycled cooking offering a shade of elegance, when combined with zebrano wood. The recyclable cook is also durable and solid. The helmet has a 3.5 mm long detachable cable. Added to this is a 6.3 mm adapter to use the headset on a Hifi channel or a portable player for example. This is a lightweight helmet, weighing only 385 g.
- Headphones that can play HD audio files.
- The model has 50mm transducers.
- Sold with a 6.3 mm adapter.
- With Denon, the design is always impressive. This zebrano wood helmet is remarkable and very luxurious.
- The accessories that accompany the helmet are of high quality, citing cable for example. It is solid and has a good connection.
- The pads are well padded. In addition, they are memory form. There is nothing better to have optimal comfort.
- It is a bit heavy compared to the majority of helmets of this kind.
At Denon, there are helmets for all tastes, depending on the personality of each. For DJs, for example, the brand has specially designed the Denon DJ HP 1100. It is a circum-aural model, with headphones with frequencies between 5000 and 33,000 Hz. Its speakers are 53 mm in size. This is the largest dimension that exists in terms of DJ headphones. Due to their imposing sizes, these speakers are capable of providing 3500 Mw of power. The HP 1100 DJ can easily connect to a source device, if needed, with its 3.5mm audio cable. Its adapter has a reasonable length of 6.35 mm. This is a passive headset, which does not need batteries to activate. On the comfort side, the HP 1100 DJ is made for use for a whole day because it is lightweight, and its pads have soft padding with a recycled, comfortable and durable cooking coating.
- Featuring a 53mm speaker.
- Produces a sound power of 3,500 mW.
- Cousins made in recycled cooking.
- Given the power of the speakers, you don’t have to push the volume to the bottom to enjoy the good music.
- The headset hints at all the little details you want to hear when listening. We see all the nuances of sound, without exception. This allows for a clean and clean rendering.
- It’s a powerful headset, perfectly for a DJ. It is very professional in terms of quality and sound power, and its sober design is very elegant.
- It is certainly powerful, but as soon as, this power becomes a disadvantage, because the volume is often blocked to the maximum, which is not good for the eardrums.
We saw parade at Denon, several models of helmets from its various high-end collections. This giant in electronics and audio and video equipment continues to add new headphones to its collection. The AH-GC25W is one of the recent models it has put up for sale. This headset is wireless and uses Bluetooth connection, aptX HD and is certified Hi-Res Audio. This headset is therefore completely protected from external noise and in the meantime offers powerful and crisp sounds. It has microphone for those who want to take calls directly on the headset. Calls are clear and audible because the microphone has a system to counter surrounding noise. AH-GC25W is one of the most comfortable helmets sold online, as its bow is adjustable, its pads are soft and are memory-shaped. This model has a continuous battery life of 30 hours and its Lithium-ion battery charges quickly and is meanwhile very reliable. The device is equipped with a USB Micro-B cable to charge the battery. In case the battery is flat, the headset has a 3.5mm audio cable to listen to a playlist or to take calls. The headset also has automatic sleep setting to save battery when not in use.
- Has an aptX HD Bluetooth connection and is Hi-Res certified.
- Equipped with microphone with noise-cancelling technology.
- Loading via a USB Micro-B cable included.
- This helmet has a good battery life with a minimum load time. The accompanying cable also helps out when you run out of load.
- The wired control is very reliable. The buttons work perfectly, with no bugs or malfunctions on the horizon.
- Since it can also be used to take a call, it is therefore very convenient. We no longer need to take the smartphone out of our pockets. In addition, Bluetooth has an excellent range.
- The anti-noise system means nothing, because, whether on call or listening audio, the headset picks up almost all the surrounding noise.
Everything you need to know about the Denon brand.
Choosing a specific brand when buying a headset means knowing in advance what model you want to get. It is a question of knowing the model through the reputation of the brand in question. Denon is one of the brands that often appears in customer reviews or comparison sites. This sign usually receives positive reactions. By choosing Denon, you opt for a quality product. This brand has climbed the ladder before it is what it is now and its efforts regarding the quality of its helmets are maintained, even improved, because Denon keeps exceeding its limits every day.
The origin of Denon.
Denon is a Japanese brand that was born in 1910. Its name comes from the Japanese word Denki and Onkyo which mean electric and audio (sound). The majority of this brand’s career was in the field of electronics. Since the creation of its CD player model in 1990, Denon has begun to establish its name in the world of audio and video. The brand later manufactured the miniDisc player special DJ and from there were born headphones, audio amplifiers as well as headphones. This brand now specializes in low-cost, high-end audio devices to target and retain customers.
Denon, the DJ brand.
Denon has spent most of his time perfecting products for DJs. She began to attract their attention through her CD player for DJ in the 90s. This drive was equipped with DN1000F up to DN2500F. It is also the only brand that has designed the dual player for DJs. This drive incorporated the DN-D4500 MK2 and was already rich in technology. In the end, the brand achieved its goal, because it was finally cracked into the world of DJs, thanks to its platinum model DNS-1000 which was sold for 749 euros when it was released. Now, Denon is following the evolution and has replaced its CD players in various headphones, with or without wireless.
After the air of the CD players, comes the air of the headphones. Now, the Denon brand has a wide collection of wireless headphones and wired headphones. These models are easy to recognize because they are very original and all have the brand name. Denon designed her helmets with a special inspiration, because you can find exotic wood models, ceramic models, etc. Every day, she tries a new challenge in order to satisfy her clients. For sound quality, Denon relies on the size of its transducers, around 40 mm to 50 mm. They provide a powerful, high-end sound.
The technologies that accompany Denon headphones.
Denon headsets, in addition to providing quality sound, thanks to their transducers, also use various technologies to have a detailed, clean and natural sound. In general, models of this brand have apt technology and Clear Voice Capture. Thanks to these technologies, these helmets are protected and removed from the surrounding noises. They are also generally certified Hi-Res Audio. This gives them the ability to play and stream high-end, uncompressed audio files. On some models, such as wireless, you can find microphones associated with call reception technology, plus a high-range Bluetooth connection.
FAQs on Denon headphones.
What is the difference between the Denon AHGC20 and the Denon AH-GC20 model?
There are two types of Denon helmets on some sites, the AHGC20 and the AH-GC20 model. They are all wireless headsets, with advanced sound quality technologies and Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Mode. Their features are the same and both generally have the same characteristics. These are two twin models from the same collection. The difference between the two lies in the color of the helmets, the price and the release date. On merchant sites, there is usually a difference of about fifty euros between the two. But since the difference is very superficial, the best is to choose the most affordable model.
A Denon helmet with recycled leather is it reliable when it comes to quality and lifespan.
Brands specializing in headphones, are currently opting for more sophisticated materials when designing their models. So you can find helmets with a velvet coating, faux leather, leather, and much more. For Denon, it has several models with recycled cooking pads, citing for example the Denon AH-D1200. This material is more reliable compared to the imitation leathers, because it is solid and almost elastic. It also supports sweat and heat. As a result, a helmet with recycled leather coating is stronger, stronger and more durable than a normal helmet. In addition, this material can contain as much padding as possible. The pads that have them are therefore generally comfortable and soft.
What if a helmet is wet?
An audio headset is an electronic device that has a fragile internal circuit. Like any electronic device, it must be protected from water, as moisture can cause a total failure of the helmet. If the helmet is covered by a high waterproofing standard, there is nothing to worry about, but if not, you should adopt a few reflexes to avoid buying a new helmet. Some people, for example, dry their wet electronic devices (phone, earpiece, etc.) in a bowl of rice grain. The rice will absorb moisture. After about an hour, the appliance is removed and dried with a simple hairdryer. It will work later. These are basic gestures that have been tested and have worked for some, but if with that, your helmet does work, you have to call in a repairman.
How do I take care of a Denon headset?
Electronic devices generally work in the same way. Taking care of these devices is respected and protected. The best way to handle a headset is to find a cover or storage bag. With these kinds of accessories, you will have the opportunity to protect it from humidity, temperature, dust and shocks. You need to clean your helmet with a wet wipe or cloth, then wipe it all off with a dry cloth. If your headset has built-in battery, charge it in accordance with the charge time instructions, included in the instructions. To charge your helmet, use the cable that accompanies the device and not a cable you borrowed or buy separately.
What does “Hi-Res Certified” mean on Denon headphones?
Hi-Res or rather Hi-Res Audio, refers to an audio certification of a product. An audio headset that has this certificate, is a headset that follows quality standards to have a high-end or high-definition sound. This standard is for headphones that have speakers with a minimum frequency of 40 KHz. Most Denon helmets are Hi-Res certified. In addition, this standard also indicates the ability of a product to be able to read and transmit heavy, uncompressed audio files. If you find a headset with this mention, you can buy it without a problem. It will give you better sounds, powerful, crisp and detailed.